Thursday 25 March 2010

The Independent -- Is this the violent new face of poetry at Oxford?

I saw this article from The Independent and thought it might be of interest to you

The Endgame of one of the most acrimonious literary spats in recent times began yesterday when one of the nation's most divisive poets – revered for his "brooding verse" and chastised for being "inaccessible" – was announced as a candidate for Oxford University's next professor of poetry.

© 2009 Independent News and Media



Sent from my iPod

1 comment:

  1. Yes... I'm glad they waited a bit, what a shame last year... but I always feel angry not to be able to vote, despite working at Oxford and... writing poetry...
    I would like to see O'Donoghue, not only is he a good poet but he also is a very nice man :-)

    ReplyDelete